The 2019 Grand March Application will be available by December 1, 2018!
In the meantime, you can get a head start on your homework by making sure you have a body shot and headshot of your horse to submit with your application.
Midwest Horse Fair Grand March is a snapshot of all things Midwest Horse Fair! For those looking to get a taste of everything Fair has to offer, but limited on time, this is the place to be. A procession of horses will take over the arena for an hour of music, fun and, of course, beautiful and magnificent horses!
- All breeds and disciplines of horses are welcome to apply
- No more than one horse per breed will be selected
- Applicants who are not participating in another area of Fair will be given first consideration
How To Apply
- Please read the following requirements and complete the application below.
- A headshot photo and a full body photo are required and must be submitted online
- Photos should be hi-res and in jpeg format with no people in the photos
- If selected, photos will be used in Midwest Horse Fair and/or MHF Grand March promotions
- Deadline to enter is January 24 at Noon.
- All applicants will be notified on their entry status no later than February 15.
- Horses are required to arrive at Midwest Horse Fair on Thursday between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., and remain on the grounds until 5:00 p.m. Sunday
- Mandatory rehearsal will be held Thursday evening at 6:00 p.m.
- Midwest Horse Fair Grand March will be held Friday and Saturday.
- Horses must be in “show” condition, clean, clipped per breed standards, and have hooves trimmed or shod.
- Handlers must wear the following during the Grand March:
- Black button up or black polo shirt with no logo or design
- Jeans or breaches free of holes or tears
- English or western boots
- Headwear is not required but may include a western hat, driving hat, or helmet (No baseball caps)
- Midwest Horse Fair Grand March will be held in a crowded setting. Opportunities to warm up in the actual arena may not be available. Do not enter if you and/or your equine cannot safely function in such a setting.
- Horses may be lead, ridden or driven.
- A select few horse participants may be offered to wear tack from a Midwest Horse Fair commercial exhibitor. All other participants should provide their own equipment to showcase their breed or discipline.
- Selected participants not already participating in another area of the Fair with the same horse, will be required to pay a stall fee which will include one 3-day wristband
Midwest Horse Fair General Requirements
- Please be advised that by submitting your photos, you give Midwest Horse Fair permission to share it on the website, via social media, email or in the official program
- All participants must adhere to the Midwest Horse Fair Code of Conduct
- It is the policy of the Midwest Horse Fair that if a scheduling conflict arises due to participation in multiple events, you or your group member must choose which event to attend. Special accommodations and refunds cannot not be granted. Those who cancel last minute (within two weeks of the fair) and/or due to scheduling conflicts are less likely to be selected as participants in future Midwest Horse Fair events. Participants should apply for no more than two events.
- Health Requirements: All equines entering the grounds must have the following documentation:
- Original and a copy of the laboratory report of a negative equine infectious anemia (EIA) test conducted within the 12 months prior to the last day of MHF which clearly identifies the equine animal by registration number, lip tattoo, or a complete description of the equine animal
- Original and a copy of the certificate of veterinary inspection issued within 30 days of the last day of MHF if you are coming from a state other than Wisconsin or Minnesota
Any questions regarding the Midwest Horse Fair Grand March can be directed to Nichole Glynn at email@example.com