The Liberty Application will be available starting July 1
The Midwest Horse Fair is constantly striving to provide quality entertainment opportunities to both horse owners and those who just love horses. The Liberty Presentations are a wonderful way to share not only the beauty of the horse, but also showcase the fun, free spirit of each individual equine. This is a great opportunity to spotlight your magnificent horse, its breed and talents with Midwest Horse Fair attendees.
- A Midwest Horse Fair committee will choose 15 horses (5 per day) for the Liberty Presentations.
- A video is required with application for consideration
- Selected horses should comply with breed standards for the horse’s appearance. They must be in “show” condition, kept clean, clipped per breed standards, and the hooves should be trimmed or shod. The Midwest Horse Fair reserves the right to reject Liberty horses who arrive on the grounds in poor condition (ex. thin with ribs showing, shaggy and/or unhealthy coat, lameness, hooves not maintained.)
- Horses chosen for Liberty will be shown in the Coliseum, free of all tack, for up to two minutes.
- No more than three appropriately dressed handlers may accompany horses in the arena. (i.e. one in the middle and two at the gates)
- Appliances other than unmodified whips are not permitted. Plastic may not be attached to whips.
- Horses can be caught in the catch pen adjacent to the arena entrance. Horses that are mark trained may be haltered in the arena and led out.
- MUSIC REQUREMENT: If selected, music must be submitted digitally to the Midwest Horse Fair office no later than March 31. If music is not received by the deadline, it may be chosen for you. Song tracks should be in MP3 format. Music containing foul, vulgar, or suggestive language will not be accepted. Selected participants will receive more information on how to submit their music.
- Horses are required to arrive at the Midwest Horse Fair on Thursday between 8:00 am – 9:00 pm and will not be permitted to leave until 5:00 pm Sunday, after the completion of the Fair.
- If you are not already participating in another area of the Fair with the same horse, you will be required to pay a stall fee. Two 3-day wristbands will be included with the stall fee.
- It is the policy of the Midwest Horse Fair that if a scheduling conflict arises due to participation in multiple events, you or your group member must choose which event to attend. Special accommodations and refunds cannot not be granted. Those who cancel last minute (within two weeks of the fair) and/or due to scheduling conflicts are less likely to be selected as participants in future Midwest Horse Fair events. Participants should apply for no more than two events.
- All equine animals entering the grounds for MHF must have the following documentation:
- Original and a copy of the laboratory report of a negative equine infectious anemia (EIA) test conducted within one year of the last day of MHF.
- Original and a copy of the certificate of veterinary inspection issued within 30 days of the last day of MHF if you are coming from a state the than Wisconsin or Minnesota.
- Additional information will be emailed to selected participants by March 15.