Check back in December for competition announcements and applications
Do you like fast paced challenges with your friends and horses? Do you want to join in a competition where all your friends and family can come to cheer you on? If the answer is YES, you will want to grab a partner and get your spot for this fun & exciting competition at Midwest Horse Fair!
What is the Midwest Horse Fair Youth Team Challenge?
This fast-paced competition is open to youth of all disciplines. A limited number of spots will be available. Twenty teams, consisting of two people, will compete in timed skills challenges in the Preliminary Round on Saturday. Ten lucky teams will advance to the Final Round on Sunday.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the entry form. Payment is required to reserve your spot.
- Entry fee is per person and includes (1) weekend stall and (1) 3-day horse-exhibitor weekend wristband. Participants who are already participating in another area of the Fair with the same horse will not receive the weekend stall or 3-day wristband.
- First-come first-serve with non-refundable payment.
- Deadline is February 15 or when the 20 team spots are full.
- Open to any horse and youth rider combination.
- Horses must arrive on Thursday between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Horses must stay on the grounds until 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Mandatory meeting on Friday, time TBD
- Long sleeve shirt, boots and helmet are required. No logo attire is permitted.
- Halter and lead are required on any races which require the rider to dismount.
- The competition will be held in a crowded public setting and opportunities to warm up in the actual arena may not be available. Please do not sign up if you and/or your horse cannot safely function in such a setting.
- All participants must adhere to the Midwest Horse Fair Code of Conduct.
- Clinics & competitions are subject to change at the discretion of event management.
- It is the policy of the Midwest Horse Fair that if a scheduling conflict arises due to participation in multiple events, you or your group member must choose which event to attend. Special accommodations and refunds cannot not be granted. Those who cancel last minute (within two weeks of the fair) and/or due to scheduling conflicts are less likely to be selected as participants in future Midwest Horse Fair events. Participants should apply for no more than two.
- HEALTH REQUIREMENTS: All equine animals entering the grounds for MHF must have the following documentation:
- Original and a copy of the laboratory report of a negative equine infectious anemia (EIA) test conducted within one year of the last day of MHF.
- Original and a copy of the certificate of veterinary inspection issued within 30 days of the last day of MHF if you are coming from a state the than Wisconsin or Minnesota.