Sign up now open below! Learn more about judging horses.
Horse judging follows a basic system of evaluating horses based on the ideal for each breed and discipline.
Must be listed age as of contest date
- Junior-Junior: 10-13 years old
- Junior: 14-17 years old
- Senior: 18+ years old
- Team: 3 Contestants per Team (Contestants must be 10 years of age). The three scores will be added for your team’s total score.
- Judging: Four classes - two halter, two performance (50 points each - total of 200 points)
- Points will be determined by accuracy and cuts
- 10 Questions: Help sharpen your observation skills (5 points each - total of 50 points)
- Based on the classes you judged.You may use notes taken while judging classes.
- Written Test: Will take place after the live judging (2 points each - total of 50 points)
- The written test will be available for all participants to view, but only the Junior-Juniors, Juniors and Seniors will be tested.
Rules and Regulations:
- All team contestants will automatically be entered as an individual in their respective division.
- A team must consist of individuals from the same age division.
- Official dress is not required. Appropriate horse attire is appreciated but not required. Please wear close toed shoes (tennis shoes or boots).
Contestants Should Bring:
- Two No. 2 pencils
- Blank notebook paper