Alliant Energy Center
1919 Alliant Energy Center Way
Madison, WI 53713
The Alliant Energy Center is located on the Southern edge of Madison, WI, just off the Beltline Highway (Hwy 12 & 18), on John Nolen Drive. With such a great location, the campus is five minutes from interstate 90/94 via Hwy 12 & 18, minutes from the Wisconsin State Capitol, Madison’s State Street area and the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus and only 15 minutes from the Dane County Regional Airport. The Alliant Energy Center is a prime site, situated near three major metro areas – 250 miles from Minneapolis, MN, 145 miles from Chicago, IL, and 75 miles from Milwaukee, WI.
Follow these simple tips to avoid traffic back-ups on your way to the Midwest Horse Fair!
Coming from the NORTH on I-90 or I-94:
- Use Exit 135A
- Head south on HWY 151
- Travel 5 miles to John Nolen Drive
- Go 1 mile on John Nolen Drive
- Turn right on Olin Avenue
- Enter at the Olin Gate or continue on John Nolen Drive to the John Nolen Gate.
Traveling from the SOUTH on Hwy 12/18:
- Exit 261A
- Go North on Park Street
- Take the first right onto W. Badger Road and drive 3/4 of a mile
- Turn left into Alliant Energy Center at the Rusk Gate
- Exit 261A
- Go North on Park Street for 1 mile to Olin Ave
- Turn right on Olin Ave Follow Olin Avenue to Olin Gate
If you choose to arrive via any of the options below, be aware that traffic may be much heavier and wait times will be longer!
- From Chicago (South): I-90 to exit 142A, west on Hwy. 12/18, 5 miles to Rimrock Rd. exit 262
- From Green Bay (North): I-90 to exit 142A, west on Hwy. 12/18, 5 miles to Rimrock Rd. exit 262
- From Milwaukee (East): I-94 West, I-90 South to exit 142A, west on Hwy. 12/18 to Rimrock Rd. exit 262
- From Minneapolis (West): I-90 South to exit 142A, west on Hwy. 12/18 to Rimrock Rd. exit 262
- From Des Moines (South): I-80 East to I-380 North, north on Hwy. 151 to Hwy. 12/18E, exit at Rimrock Rd. exit 262
The Alliant Energy Center is served by four entryways, the Main Gate from Rimrock Road on the Southeast, the Nolen Gate from John Nolen Drive on the East, the Olin Gate from Olin Avenue on the North, and the Rusk Gate from Rusk Avenue on the South. All entrances will be open at 7:00 am on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for the Fair.
Traffic Alert during Fair
On Friday and Saturday from 6:00 am - Noon there will be no Main Gate Entrance from East Bound Rimrock (East Bound Rimrock traffic will need to use the Rusk entrance or the Olin Avenue entrance). At the same time, West Bound Rimrock Road will only be for Midwest Horse Fair traffic...please use both lanes. If you are coming to the Midwest Horse Fair from downtown Madison, you must use the Olin Avenue Entrance or the John Nolen Entrance. For will-call, you must use the Olin Avenue entrance.