What paperwork do I need to bring with me if I am exhibiting my horse?
The State of Wisconsin has strict equine import laws. All equine animals entering the grounds must have the proper documentation. If the proper documentation is not provided, horses will not be allowed off the trailer and participation will be prohibited. NO EXCEPTIONS.
For Wisconsin equine movement and import requirements, you must abide by the following:
- Link to DATCP: Wisconsin's Import Requirements for Equines
- Printable version: Wisconsin's Import Requirements for Equines
The original and a copy of all required documentation must be provided.
Copies may be done onsite for $5.00/copy. Please plan accordingly.
For your convenience, an on-call veterinarian and farrier will be available all weekend long. If you have any problems with your horse, please contact them or notify the Welcome Center. Contact information can be found on your stall card, which you may pick up at the Welcome Center upon arrival at the Midwest Horse Fair.
What if I don't have a copy of my paperwork?
A $5.00 fee will be assessed for every copy that is made.
- Biosecurity Tips for Horse Owners
- Biosecurity for Equine Events
- Biosecurity - Keeping Your Horse Healthy at Equine Events
- Department of Agriculture Trade and Consumer Protection Recommendations